Chick Lit Reading Challenge for 2011

December 12, 2010 by
Filed under Updates

I have been seeing a bunch of challenges popping up in the past week, but I have yet to see anything with just chick lit…so I decided to go for it and host my own! This will be my first year doing this, so there may be some bumps along the way, but I am excited to give it a try. So, welcome to the Chick Lit Plus Chick Lit Challenge for 2011!

Rules:

Challengers will read 12 chick lit books throughout 2011. You can obviously read more books of other genres, but you need at least 12 chick lit to count for this challenge.

Two of the twelve books need to be from debut authors. The debuts should be released in 2011. I am starting a new feature on my blog that will highlight new releases and debuts, so you can find suggestions there.

Start your own challenge post on your blog, and put the link in the Mister Linky below. This must be to the specific post mentioning the Chick Lit Plus Challenge, not just to your blog. This way, other challengers can link over to your page and see how you are doing! If you do not have a blog but wish to sign up, just email me at Samantha (at) chicklitplus (dot) com and I will get you signed up. Also, if you don’t have a blog, please add your name to Mister Linky and a link to one of your social networking sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, GoodReads, ETC. Thanks!

Please add my challenge button to your blog. You can copy the HTML code and add that to your sidebar.

Please send me an email when you start a new book for the challenge. I will be doing a weekly post on the challenge, and I will mention all the books that are being read by challengers.

Starting in January, there will be a link specific to the challenge. Challengers can add their links to their book reviews.

Readers can join the challenge anytime between now and the later part of 2011. The books you read do not need to be selected beforehand, you can them add them as you go.

Prizes:

I have some fantastic authors that are willing to contribute their books to this challenge. There will be monthly prizes, and each reader who links over their reviews or emails me the book they are reading will be entered to win the monthly prize.

And that’s it! If you are wondering if a specific book will count towards chick lit, just send me an email and I will let you know. Also, if you have any trouble adding your URL below, send me an email with the link and I will get it added for you.

So I think that is it, but like I said, this is my first challenge I’m hosting, so if I missed anything please let me know, or I might be adding some info along the way. I hope you sign up and enjoy the challenge, and hopefully find some great books, authors, and new friends!

**PLEASE NOTE** The Mister Linky below is to sign up only! Please do not post reviews below.

Post reviews HERE

Be Sociable, Share!
carolynad

Comments

109 Responses to “Chick Lit Reading Challenge for 2011”
  1. Jen says:

Resgined up with my goodreads link, where I will be posting my reviews of books for the challenge

2. Samantha says:

Welcome to the challenge Jen and Jill!

3. I just signed up! Looking forward to it. Thanks for organizing this!
    -Nancy

4. Kat says:

Thank you for organizing this!
    I’m really looking forward to start!

5. Christy says:

Just signed up. Can’t wait to get started. Thanks for organizing such a fun challenge!!

6. Roxanne says:

I just signed up. This looks really fun.

7. Bri says:

I just joined! Thanks so much, this looks fun!

8. Rita Garcia says:

Signed up after reading Teri Wilson’s FB post!

9. PatriciaWF says:

Maybe I’ll be one of the debut authors of 2011. Wouldn’t that be cool?

10. Samantha says:

Thanks for joining Patricia! What is the title of your debut novel?

11. PatriciaWF says:

I’m still trying to find a home for it, but right now it’s “Worth the Weight.”

12. I’ve been meaning to sign up but kept forgetting. Now I am in! Excellent. I’m especially interested in supporting the debut authors so I’m glad you’ll have a feature helping us find them. 🙂

13. this is such a fun 2011 challenge, i blogged this, posted it in fb and twitter as well 🙂

14. Joy Wolfe says:

I am super excited to join this challenge!! Thanks so much!!1

15. Melissa M. says:

I’m a little late, but I’m in, too. happy New Year!

16. Megan Just says:

I just signed up and posted about the challenge on my blog: http://meganjust.wordpress.com/2011/01/02/joining-the-chicklit-reading-challenge/

Can’t wait to start reading some of the debut chicklit authors. Maybe by the 2012 challenge (or later) I’ll be one of them, too!

17. Justine says:

Just signed up!! I am very excited to be part of the challenge!! Good luck everyone!!!

18. The Jenn Jenn says:

I just started the challenge. I am reading Just Jane by Nancy Moser. It’s the second in a series called Ladies of History. I have no idea what the other novels are in the series though. Perhaps, I should find out.
    So far so good.
    I’m really excited for the challenge!!

19. Crystal says:

I’m so excited to start this challenge! Thanks for hosting it! I can’t wait to start! It’s about time for me to start buying some chick lit books!

20. Quick Question…

If I read more than 12 books required for the challenge, can I still count them? For example, if I read 3 or 4 books a month, and review them, can I be entered into the monthly challenge for each book, or does the monthly challenge only go for the first 12 books I read??
    Does this make sense??

21. Kim says:

I will really enjoy this challenge- particularly trying 2 debut authors.

22. Karen says:

Saw this challenge whilst blog hopping and decided to sign up to encourage me to read some of the pile of unread books I have.

23. Rose says:

Here it is…my 2nd book review. It seems that I am on a roll. LoL. However I am taking a break from Chick Lit to read a *sad* book about Dewey the library cat. Because that’s what I need to do, flood my bed with tears as you just know this isn’t going to be a *happy* book. LoL.

24. Sunny says:

I signed up. Sounds like a great idea!

25. Tlatsetso says:

I’ve just signed up for the Chick Lit Reading Challenge and can hardly wait!!
    This is such an amazing start to the year! 🙂

26. Amanda says:

I left the wrong link! I meant to link this up ( http://www.lifeaccordingtoamanda.com/2011/01/chick-lit-plus-reading-challenge.html ). Let me know if I can edit it!

27. Samantha says:

No problem Amanda, I got it changed!

28. Teri says:

Sounds fun..I’m in! My blog is brand new so this will certainly help with writer’s block 🙂

29. Tiffany says:

Thanks for this challenge!

30. Kari says:

I am so excited to start this Challenge!!!

31. Taren says:

I’ve already read over 12 books but I don’t think I’ve read any debut authors yet!

32. Jeanine says:

@ Taren – I read a great book by a debut author I just happened upon. The book is Born Under a Lucky Moon by Dana Precious. I haven’t decided on my second debut author, but I highly recommend that book. I liked her writing style and, despite the craziness that ensues with her family, you can tell they all love each other.

33. Debora Geary says:

I’m in! And if anyone is needing a debut author book to read, I just published mine a month ago, ww.amazon.com/Matchmakers-Novel-Nibbles-title-ebook/dp/B004O6MQXK/

34. Samantha says:

Thanks for sharing Debora! I will be responding to your email shortly!

35. Alicia says:

Just finished A Werewolf in Manhattan. If you like chic lit that is humorous and steamy, then this is one you won’t wanna miss. I am definitely checking out more by Vicki Thompson 🙂

36. A bit late signing up for the challenge, but I think I can handle it! I’m really looking forward to trying some debut authors!

37. Samantha says:

Thanks for signing up Sarah!

38. Danielle says:

I have just signed up and i cant wait

39. Sarah says:

I am so excited about starting this challenge and can’t wait to start reading!

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. […] are so close to ringing in 2011 and what better way to do so than on my blog than with the “Chick Lit Plus Reading Challenge 2011“. Thanks to Samantha over at Chick Lit Plus for initiating this great challenge, and first of […]

2. […] Reading Challenge with Jennifer Weiner’s “In Her Shoes.”  If you want to sign up, too, click here for the link to the […]

3. […] an attempt to kick-start the reading resolution, I have joined the Chick Lit Plus Blogs Chick Lit Reading Challenge 2011!  The challenge is to read at least 12 chick lit books this year including two books from debut […]

4. […] Reading Challenge with Jennifer Weiner’s “In Her Shoes.”  If you want to sign up, too, click here for the link to the […]

5. […] my flight from Denver to California last night, I finished my first book in Samantha Robey’s 2011 Chick Lit Plus Reading Challenge.  It’s an chick lit classic but it’s one I’ve never read: In Her Shoes by […]

6. […] my May 2011 Chick Lit Plus Challenge, I will be adding this fun book that I recently read by a wonderful author who is on a blog tour […]