My December Birchbox Review
December was my second month to receive a Birchbox, and I’m having a blast with my new products. December’s box was filled with fun and practical items, and my reviews are below. If you haven’t signed up to receive your customized Birchbox yet, I suggest you do!
“Birchbox delivers the best products and the best insider secrets, without any fuss. Every month Birchbox members will receive a curated box of luxe beauty samples. Each box will span beauty categories and deliver exciting products that fit into both your day-to-day routine, and into those days when you want to turn up the drama a notch.”
1. AHAVA Mineral Body Lotion – This lotion smells so freaking good. It smells fresh and almost powdery, but not overwhelming. This has become one of my favorite lotions and I would definitely buy a full size bottle of it!
2. Amika Obliphica Hair Treatment – I was so excited when I saw this in my Birchbox. I’m always looking for new products to use on my hair, which is often super frizzy. And I’m thrilled with the results! I used just a drop of the oil after I got done blow drying my hair, and it didn’t weigh down my strands or make my hair look greasy. The frizz was decreased and my hair looked shiner. I recommend this product 100%!
3. EBOOST Orange Natural Energy Booster – I’ll be honest, I was a little hesitant to try this. I’m not a big fan of drinking my vitamins, but I wanted to give it a whirl so I could write a review. The verdict? It actually wasn’t bad! It was orangey and even a little fizzy with a sweet taste. The energy booster is packed with vitamins B, C, and D and has a dose of natural caffeine. It was nice to reach for during cold season!
4. Inococo Nail Polish Appliqué – I’ve been hearing about nail polish stickers lately, and was happy to give them a try and see if they worked for me. It was interesting to learn that these strips are actually thin layers of nail polish, and are better for nails because they contain less solvent and have small pores to let nails breath. And – they stay on for two weeks and come off with nail polish remover! I thought they were pretty simple to put on, of course my right hand gave me troubles since I’m right-handed, but I was impressed overall with them.
5. Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss – Last month I received the Jouer Moisturizing Lip Enhancer, and it was my favorite product in the box. It was hard for me to really rate this item, because the color I received was way too pink for me. What I did was put on the Jouer Lip Enhancer, then lightly applied the Lip Gloss and blended them together. I actually really like the combination!
6. Showstoppers Designer Fashion Tape– I haven’t had an opportunity yet to use the double-sided tape, but I’m glad that I have it my drawer ready to go! You never know when it will come in handy. This tape comes in nude or black, and will stick to a variety of fabrics. Great to have when you need it!