My November Birchbox Review
Last month, I signed up with the online company Birchbox. A girlfriend introduced me to the idea, and I thought I would love it. I have received one Birchbox so far, and it looks like I will not be wrong. I have decided to do reviews each month on the products that I receive. But first, you might be wondering what exactly Birchbox is. According to their website:
“Birchbox delivers the best products and the best insider secrets, without any fuss. Every month Birchbox members will receive a curated box of luxe beauty samples. Each box will span beauty categories and deliver exciting products that fit into both your day-to-day routine, and into those days when you want to turn up the drama a notch.”
Sounds fun right? So last month I signed up, took the beauty profile, and anxiously awaited my box. Here is what I received:
1. Alex & Isabelle Classic Hair Ties
3. kate spade new york Twirl
4. Thymes Body Lotion
Now for the reviews:
1. Alex & Isabelle Classic Hair Ties- There are a fun spin on regular ole elastics. They won’t snag your hair either, a huge plus, and they look cute around your wrist. It’s almost like you’re wearing a bracelet, but you can use it to pull back your hair if needed. They come in an assortment of colors, so you can buy your favorite or get them all!
2. Jouer Lip Enhancer- My favorite product in the box. Not only will this help plump your lips without the ouchy tingly feeling of a regular plumper, it also moisturizes the lips- which I desperately need right now as the winter settles in. It also is just a very sheer pink color, so it looks good on. I love this stuff!
3. Kate Spade New York Twirl – My second favorite product in my box. Holy amazing smell. The first time I tried it, I ecstatically ran to my boyfriend and made him sniff my wrists. The description states that this fragrance is versatile, and I completely agree. I have worn in at work, on nights out, and when I have just been relaxing at home. And the bottle is adorable!
4. Thymes Body Lotion – I have used this on my hands mostly, but did use it on my entire body after a shower one time. The lotion has shea butter and Vitamin E packed into it, and I look for both in my body lotions. It smells great and seems to stay on my body long after I apply it.
5. Zoya Gems & Jewels Collection – This nail polish (I received Twila, the sparkly blue color) boasts that it lasts up to 50% longer than regular polish – and I think they are telling the truth! I applied the polish to my toes about three weeks ago, and I still have yet to see any cracks or peeling in the polish. I don’t wear a lot of polish because of the fact that it never seems to stay on, so I would definitely give more colors in the collection a try.
And that is my first Birchbox. My December box has already been shipped, and I can’t wait to see what I am getting. I love the element of surprise, and the low cost of only $10 (free shipping) to get these samples. What better way to try out products instead of wasting money on full size bottles and not liking them? Plus, with the reviews you write, you can earn points to redeem for full size products. Win-win for me! If you haven’t signed up yet, you can easily do so by following this link. More to come next month!