Charming Tuesday Product of the Week: Nail Polish
I’ll admit – I’m a bit of a spa junkie. For the past few months I have been obsessed with the Shellac manicure, and go about once a month to the salon to get it done. It’s so nice not to have my nails chip for two weeks! Everyone once in a while I get pedicure too, but not nearly as often as a mani. I don’t mind giving myself a pedi at home, and I have a bunch of supplies I bust out – buffers and foot lotions, the foot bath, etc. My favorite nail polish as of late has come to me through a Birchbox – Color Club Neon Nail Polish. Neon is so in right now, everything from clothing to shoes to polish. I received the green, and got so many compliments on the color. I recently purchased a set so I have all the colors, and this will definitely help save some money at the spa!
I am the absolute worst about removing nail polish, so, whenever I do my nail, I want to be sure that whatever I use is going to last a while. I’ve been hearing about Sally Hansen nail polish strips for quite sometime, and up until a few months ago, I had never tried them. I was hesitant because of many reasons: the price, the level of difficulty, not knowing whether or not they would work….but I finally bought a box and haven’t looked back. They are so easy to apply and most of the time, the strips last two weeks on my fingers tips. They strips are also very shiny and always make me feel like I had a professional manicure, even though I only applied them myself. My favorites are “Kitty, Kitty” which are a leopard print, as well as the bright greens and yellows that they have for summer time. I highly recommend that you swing by and some up- they’re always a lot of fun!
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NAIL POLISH? LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND LET US KNOW.
Once again I’m behind on getting my Birchbox review up. This review is for my March box, which is one of my favorites yet! Some of my must-have beauty products were in here, and I felt like this was my most personalized Birchbox to date. Sign up to receive your own box and read below for my reviews!
“Birchbox delivers the best products and the best insider secrets, without any fuss. Every month Birchbox members will receive a curated box of luxe beauty samples. Each box will span beauty categories and deliver exciting products that fit into both your day-to-day routine, and into those days when you want to turn up the drama a notch.”
1. Color Club Neon Nail Polish – Neon is all the rage in fashion right now. From clothing, shoes, and yes – nail polish – this is the trend to get on board with. The color I got is a greenish turquoise, and I tried this on my toenails first and loved it! The colors in this family also include bubblegum pink, fluorescent orange, purple, electric blue, yellow, and magenta. I would buy more of these!
2. Harvey Prince Yogini – The scent is designed to help keep us calm and the stress at bay – like being in a yoga class. I must say, each fragrance I have received from Birchbox is spot on in the description. My first whiff literally made me feel like I was sitting on my yoga mat. It’s hard to describe it, but it truly does smell…calming. I love this product!
3. Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Cleanser- I love trying out new cleansers, and this one definitely hit the spot! The scent is just what the name says – juicy – and I could feel it working on my skin. I used it twice a day for four days in a row, and could see an improvement. I would buy this full-sized product.
4. Lulu Organics Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder- I have been using dry shampoos for the past few months, but haven’t found one that I was a big fan of. Usually they leave my hair feeling gross to the touch and weighing everything down. This powder is a lot lighter, and smells nice in my hair. I would recommend others to give this one a try.
5. stila Smoky Eye Shadow – I was introduced to stila products through Birchbox, and they have become one of my favorite brands. I just recently purchased their tinted moisturizer at Ulta, and am loving it. The three pack I received is for the classic smoky eye. It shows clearly what is the base, the lid and the liner, and gives the instructions on how to achieve the smoky eye on your own. Love it!
6. Tea Forte skin-smart Teas – I won’t lie – I haven’t tried this yet. I am not a fan of tea, and though I set this on my countertop to make sometime, I just haven’t been able to try it yet. Though the descriptions make them sound pretty awesome – containing “mega-high levels of antioxidants to repair your skin from the inside out,” I just haven’t got around to try them out yet. But I will! Who knows? Maybe this will be the product to change my mind about tea.