Who says you have to feel guilty for having some dessert? I will always have a sweet tooth, so even though I am trying to eat better, I just can’t cut out the chocolate! I found a fabulous recipe in the March edition of Fitness Magazine (page 150), and it is a much healthier version of my favorite pie, which is French Silk. This recipe is for Chocolate Cheesecake, and the ingredients and recipe can be found below. So have your cake and eat it too!
Makes 14 Servings
½ cup crushed graham crackers
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
¾ cup fat-free milk
2 8-ounce packages reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
1 8-ounce package fat-free cream cheese, softened
8 ounces fat-free sour cream
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- In a bowl, stir together the graham crackers and butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch spring form pan. Chill while preparing the filling.
- In a saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over the milk; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir over low heat until the gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat; cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, sugar, and vanilla; gradually beat in the gelatin mixture. Divide the cream cheese mixture in half; gradually stir the melted chocolate into one half.
- Spread half of the chocolate mixture on the crust. Spoon half of the remaining cream cheese mixture onto the chocolate mixture in small mounds; swirl them together with a butter knife.
- Spread the remaining chocolate mixture on top. Spoon on the remaining cream cheese mixture, and swirl again. Cover; chill for 6 hours or until set.
- Loosen the cake from the pan with a knife before removing the side of the pan. Cut the cake into wedges; top with chocolate swirls.