I was so excited this morning to see that I had received my very first “Beautiful Blogger Award.” One of my favorite bloggers, Lauren from My Life Incomplete, had awarded me, and I couldn’t be happier! Thank you Lauren! I will not lie though, before receiving this award, I had never heard of it. But I learned that bloggers can hand out the award to other bloggers they feel do exceptional work, and if you receive the award and want to accept it, you must write 7 things about yourself, and pass the award along to other bloggers. Some confusion lies though, as I do not know how this award got started and seems that you can maybe choose how many other bloggers you want to pass it along to, or the person giving the award can tell you how many you need to pass it to. Kind of confusing, right? But I want to keep it going on my end, so here are my 7 things about me:
- I hate all things vegetable. There is not one vegetable I like, though I will try them occasionally and see if my taste buds have changed. Last weekend, I tried celery. Ew.
- I have wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember. I used to write my own books starting around age nine that modeled after my then favorite series ‘The Baby-Sitters Club.’
- I love dancing. When I am feeling down, I just plug my iPod in and start dancing around my room. I can be cheered up within minutes.
- I can’t cook to save my life. Grilled cheese and basic spaghetti are about the extent of culinary genius.
- I hate winter, especially snow. It’s cold, gross, and causes car accidents. I find nothing amusing about it.
- I am obsessed with the E! channel. I don’t think there is one show that I don’t enjoy watching. I am especially looking forward to the new series of Kendra.
- I work out almost every day. I actually do feel great after an hour in the gym or on my yoga mat. And I feel like I eat better after a workout, a double bonus for me.
And now to pass the award along. I am going to do my favorite 7 bloggers.
- I’m not sure if it is proper to pass the award back to the one who awarded me, but Lauren from My Life Incomplete was one of my first favorites when I joined the land of Twitter, and I find her blog not only inspiring, but she has become a cyber friend, helping me out when I had those hard to answer questions. Lauren is a single mom, blogging on how being divorced doesn’t mean life is over, and dishing out the lessons she has learned along the way.
- Larissa from Larissa’s Life writes great book reviews and has fabulous book giveaways. She’s another fun one to chat with on Twitter!
- Jenn from Jenn Book Crazy reads like crazy! She is always posting another great book review, and I love the reading challenges you can find on her site.
- Tena from Crazy Book Slut first drew me in by the name, and her site is fabulous! She does a lot of book reviews for the romance drama, and those are super fun for me to read. She has a great 2010 challenge to read 50,000 pages!!
- Sheena from Sheena Says Stuff is a photographer and graphic designer and a ‘sometimes’ writer, who started the Funny Book Club on Twitter. She says she isn’t sure yet if the club is for funny books or just a blog that is funny and about books, but either way you should check it out!
- Kirsty from Noveliscious has a top notch website that I love visiting on a daily basis. You can get book information, reviews, interviews, and there is even a For Writers section that I favorite.
- S. Krishna is a blogger, book reviewer, grad student, and Associate Editor and Review Coordinator of @thebookstudio. Whew! Her site is full of great book reviews and fun giveaways to enter.
So that is my Beautiful Blogger award, and to those that I handed the award out to, in order to accept you need to post 7 things about yourself and hand out the award to 7 bloggers you think are fabulous. Thanks again to Lauren and let’s keep this going!